The Genius was put on this earth to get you up mountains with ease and to get you back down them in a flash. The Genius 900 Ultimate features a FOX Live Valve electronic suspension system, an SRAM XX1 AXS Wireless 12 speed Drivetrain and XTR brakes, alongside carbon wheels and components. Any Trail. Any Time.
- With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
- With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
- With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefited from our EvoLap technology.
ICCR Cable Routing
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius and Ransom, to provide a clean look and a functional solution for all the different control cable standards on the market, cable routing is fully internal and designed for full length cable housing. Routing the cables internally omits bulky external hardware and looks cleaner. The cables can endure a longer lifetime as they are protected within the frame. The entry points are machined alloy removable inserts that come along with the frame and can be chosen according to the setup of the bike. Assembling an electronic group or a dropper post will not be a problem and the look will always be clean-cut.
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius, Ransom and Gambler we’ve redesigned all the parts that can give us significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffness and avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
One frame Two Wheel Sizes
- With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
- Genius Carbon HMX Frame
- FOX 36 Float Live Valve 150mm Fork
- FOX Float Live Valve EVOL, 150mm
- SRAM XX1 AXS Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano XTR 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros Revelstoke Carbon Wheels
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- FOX Dropper Post, Syncros CF Parts
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Genius Carbon / IMP technology / HMX /1x optimized, BB92 / Carbon SMC Link / Carbon swingarm, VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm, TBC Trunnion box construction|
|Fork||FOX 36 Float Live Valve Factory Air / Kashima, Electronic Damping system 15 x 110mm QR axle, 44mm offset / tapered steerer / Low speed & Reb. Adj., 150mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float Live Valve EVOL Trunnion, Kashima / Low speed & Reb. Adj., Travel 150mm / 185 X 55mm|
Front: 15 x 110mm QR axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros Revelstoke 1.0 CL, F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost, 31mm Tubeless ready carbon rim 28H / XD Driver, Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool|
|Tires||Front: Maxxis Dissector 29 x 2.6", Rear: Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.6, Specs: 60TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / Tubeless ready / 3C Maxx Terra, Syncros Eco Sealant|
|Crankset||SRAM XX1 DUB Eagle Boost Carbon crankarm, QF 168|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN XX1 Eagle|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT custom|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS / 12-Speed, Wireless Electronic Shift System|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XX1 / XG1299 / 10-50 T|
|Shifters||SRAM Eagle AXS Controller|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon iC SL Carbon, 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XTR M9120|
|Brakes||4 Piston Disc, 203/F and 180/R RT-MT900 CL rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Tofino 1.0 Regular, Carbon rails|
|Seat Post||FOX Transfer Dropper Remote, Kashima / 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M 125mm / L & XL 150mm|
|Accessories & Extras||SRAM AXS Powerpack, Syncros Trail Fender, Transport Axle|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Grey/Black / Small||192820160641||274641006|
|Grey/Black / Medium||192820160658||274641007|
|Grey/Black / Large||192820160665||274641008|
|Grey/Black / X-Large||192820160672||274641009|